Friday 24 February 2012

Scunnered!

Hello!  Oh my its been a while since I've sat down and put my thoughts into a blog.

So, whats been going on..... Not a whole lot to be honest, hence the title of this post.

Scunnered is a great word - it means so much more than "fed up".  My favourite definition from our friends at Urbandictionary.com is this:
<><> <><> <><>
A Scots word used to mean that you are world weary, down-trodden, and thoroughly bereft of any lust for life when these words and expressions are simply too inadequate to signify the magnitude of your slide into shitdom.
"Having to pay 550 euros to the locksmith on an emergency call out really scunnered him."

The cause of all this is that old devil of work dissatisfaction. 
I'm finding the realisation is that in actual fact I may have done my job for too long.  I still enjoy parts of selling cars to businesses - especially the meeting new people, connecting with them and building relationships.  However more and more I realise that it has all become a little mundane.  It's certainly not easy; in fact it's rarely been harder; but it just isn't doing it for me anymore.
But what to do?  I am "qualified" to do sweet F.A apart from chat to people and sell them stuff, and lets face it the job market isn't exactly buoyant at the moment! 
So a plea if you read this.  Got any ideas what a 40-odd year old unqualified chatty bloke can do to make money? 
Thanks for listening to me whine!  Next time I'll try to be less scunnered!
 
 The author at his desk, yesterday

 

No comments:

Post a Comment